Log Book Servicing
They say that an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure! This is especially so with cars and why vehicle manufacturers specify regular log book services.
Whether it be checking the serpentine belts, replacing the brake pads, inspecting the shock absorbers or filling the transmission fluid, the actual tasks carried out in each log book services are carefully designed to be carried out at specific intervals and thereby keep your car running at optimal performance.
Staying on top of log book services also ensures that your vehicle’s warranty will be upheld. The expert team at North Albury Tyrepower & Mechanical in Albury (Lavington) are fully qualified to conduct your vehicle’s next Log Book Service, so contact us today and book it in.
We are based in Albury (Lavington) and service customers from Lavington, North Albury, Albury, Springdale Heights, Thurgoona, Glenroy, Jindera, Holbrook and more
Why Work with Us?
- Exceptional Care: As a part of the Repco Authorised Network of mechanics, we have all the latest diagnostic equipment to keep your car running at optimal performance.
- Peace of Mind: We offer the peace of mind which comes from the Repco Nationwide Guarantee along with the friendly service which comes from dealing with a family owned neighbourhood workshop.
- Education: Not only are our mechanics attending ongoing seminars and have access to the latest Auto-tech service bulletins, but they are always available to help our clients learn more about what is going on with their car.
What is Log Book Servicing?
Log Book Servicing is a proactive approach to car maintenance where regular inspections and small fixes keep your vehicle running smoothly and efficiently and prevent small problems turning into major damage and problems which could be very costly to repair.
Every passenger car (and most commercials vehicles) is issued with a “Log Book” by the manufacturer which lays out the specified timing and agenda for your regular log book services. You should keep your log book in your glove box for reference and recording any details but we can also refer to our database to get the required information if you’ve misplaced your book.
The schedule of the service will be a combination of both Time OR Distance.
You may be tempted to delay your next log book service because your car is probably still driveable and it may not have reached BOTH the time and distance measures. While you obviously need to find availability in your budget and schedule, don’t delay too long because wear and tear on the car will increase exponentially and could lead to damage which is many times more expensive than the log book service would have been.
Trusted Mechanic Lavington
Every car is different and the agenda for each service changes according to the schedule which is why each vehicle is issued with a log book. Here are some examples of what can be included;
- Change Oil
- Check Coolant
- Check Car Battery
- Check Transmission Fluid
- Check Brake Fluid
- Check the Condition of the Air Filter
- Check Power Steering Fluid
- Check Spark Plugs
- Check Turn Signals
- Check Brake Lights
- Check Heating System
- Brake Check
- Belt Check
- Hose Check
- Tyre Rotation
- Coolant Sensor Check